So we’ve been away for a while working on a few things, and all that busywork has left us with less time to post than we’d like. Here’s what we’ve been up to so far this Fall.
1) Kickstarter – 1st and foremost, we’re running a Kickstarter to raise funds for art and distribution for the 2nd book. We’ve only got a few more weeks left to run this campaign; please consider donating to it.(Kickstarter)
2) E-book – After several months of fighting with designers and formats, we’ve finally found a way to produce a decent e-book. We’re looking to release this before Christmas.
3) New Cons – A few of us have had to move for work in the last few months, making coordination for something like this almost difficult. Given the group’s new geoarrangements, we’ll be looking at changing the types of con we normally go to, and diversifying our selection of picks for the circuit .
4) New Editors – In the same vein, we’ve unfortunately had to say goodbye to 2 really cool editors. And even though we’ve filled our staff with fresh new talent, those guys will never truly be forgotten. The rookies have some very big shoes to fill.
5) Book 2 Progress – The 2nd book, “How To Avoid Hara-Kiri: The Otaku Variable”, is currently sitting at about 60% completion. With another 30% left to write, and the final 10% being art & aesthetics. While our Kickstarter will certainly knock all artistic concerns out of the park, now we’re just bracing for the ‘holiday hump’. That extended period of candy, and gifts, and holiday itis, time spent with loved ones, as well as time away from school and work, where it can be kinda difficult to not procrastinate. So as long as we stay focused, we’ll have something pretty exciting to show you guys in a few months. Maybe even sooner.
6) Website Updates – We’ve had a lot of fun putting out articles about anime conventions this past year, and we really want to keep the site simple, but we also want to increase its efficiency & usefulness. We’re toying around with some ideas and will be updating the site to reflect more of its potential in the next few months. So expect a few changes. :)
7) Holiday Sale – We had an ironic Halloween sale, and decided to try a Holiday sale because the first one went better than expected. So if you’re looking for a gift for the serial con-goer, or the parent who’s never been to a con, you might wanna check out our holiday sale.